Solo Adventures used to scare the bajeezus outta me. In fact, Solo Adventure is not even in my vocabulary back then. I used to think that traveling alone and eating alone in a restaurant is such a sad and boring thing to do. I confess, I used to question it. How? Why? Back in the days I can’t even eat alone in a restaurant let alone go on a local adventure without my husband or my family and friends. I’ve been spoiled. Not that I don’t enjoy adventure with anyone, NO, not at all. Because as much as I can I want to go share an adventure with someone. But sometimes some people do have their own interest. So I’ve had enough and finally went on my own solo adventure. The first time I did, I went on a small adventure, nothing fancy, nothing complicated, and it turned out to be so great and most of all I learned so much. Here I listed down 5 things I learned that I’m most certain about.
1. Its Perfectly Fine – there’s really NOTHING wrong with being alone in the world once in a while. ITS PERFECTLY FINE, actually scratch that, ITS GREAT. There’s actually more pros going on a solo adventures. For example, you have your own time, you can do whatever you want, you can spend as much time as you want. Its AWESOME.
2. I’m learning more – Not only do I learn things about myself but I actually do learn more about the world than I used to. I used to rely on someone to just tell me about the place where we are going. But with solo adventure I am forced to learn and I am forced to research places. I read more. I learn more.
3. Experience is far way better than Instagram worthy photos – I admit, before I would climb a mountain just to get an Instagram worthy photos that I don’t even get to enjoy the view. I let social media consume me. With solo adventures though, photos doesn’t really matter. OK, just kidding, fine yes it does. But what I’m saying is that it’s not my number 1 worry anymore. Because with solo adventure I am more concern about not having a great experience to share about.
4. It’s Easy and Fun – What surprises me the most is that it’s actually easier to go on a solo adventure than with a group of friends. Yes adventure is fun when you share it with your friends or with someone but you know what? Solo adventure is actually MORE FUN because there’s only ME that I have to worry about. And when I say that I mean it in a nice way, I mean that I can do whatever I want, I can go where ever I please without having to worry about anybody’s time. And that to me is an easy way to have fun.
5. I can trust the world – I don’t think I have ever seen the world before the way I do now. Before the world to me was limited to my own comfort because of how people and how I made it seem like in my head. Yes its guaranteed that there are bad people everywhere you go in this world. But the more solo adventure I’m doing the more I am starting to learn how to trust the world to show me how beautiful this place is.
“Have a trip.
What the world can give you is always
beyond what runs wild in your mind”
Thanks for reading! And I hope that you are following my Instagram @babysephora! Don’t forget to say Hi to me there! Talk soon!